// FAQs | Teacher Training & Education in Wales


Am I able to study through the medium of Welsh?
Some Education related degrees are offered through the medium of Welsh and details are provided on individual University websites. You may also like to take a look at the courses offered through the medium of Welsh on the Maintais website:  http://www.colegcymraeg.ac.uk/en/ourwork/mantais/.  Mantais promotes the benefits of studying through the medium of Welsh and also organises a series of Welsh medium higher education fairs across Wales. 

Some Education courses include modules for those wishing to learn Welsh or develop their existing skills. Being able to understand and speak in Welsh at any level will be a bonus for career prospects.

How do I find a job as a teaching assistant?
Formal academic qualifications are not always necessary.  You may be an experienced carer or parent who feels confident you have the skills required to enhance the learning experience of children in a classroom environment.   Many colleges throughout Wales do offer teacher and classroom assistants training and successful completion is likley to enhance your employment opportunities.  
Vacancies for teaching assistants can be found on Local Authority websites and supply work through registering with an agency that will be able to work alongside to find positions that best suits you.  

Glynd?r University University of South Wales Cardiff Metropolitan University Open University
Bangor University Swansea Metropolitan University Trinity University College Aberystwyth University